Rutherford 5th Grade Supply List
Please label all items with your child’s name, including their tote, before they come to school. We will not be sharing any items.
- 2 spiral notebooks (Math and Writing)
- 3 composition notebooks (Science, Word Study, Reading)
- ½ inch 3-ring binder (Literacy)
- 1 set of 8 tabbed divider folders (for Literacy 3-ring binder)
- 1 pkg of plastic page protectors (top loading; about 50)
- 6 sturdy folders with pockets (Music, Math, Science, Social Studies, Take Home, Homegroup)
- 1 package of 3-holed lined paper
- 24 ct #2 pencils ( if mechanical--plenty of lead!)
- 8-10 Pens (black or blue)
- 3 red pens
- 1 highlight20
- 3 glue sticks
- 2 Sharpies (1 fine tip & 1 super fine)
- 1 pencil bag (no boxes)
- 1 pkg. of colored pencils (full length)
- 1 pkg. of washable markers
- 1 scotch tape (kept in tote)
- 1 scissors – pointed, 7 in.
- 1 package of post-it notes
- 1 pack of post-it TABS
- 1 face covering / mask
- 1 calculator to leave at school (a simple calculator is sufficient)
- 1 headphones/earbuds to leave at school for testing & school use
- 15 or 16 quart plastic TUB/TOTE with cover that has handles (making it easy to carry around). We have found the following sizes/brands to work best:
- Sterilite Clear View Latch 15 Qt (17” x 11 ⅛” x 6 ½”) or (16 ½ ” x 13”x 6 ⅝”)
- Hefty Storage Solutions 15 Qt (16.7”x 12” x 6.6”)
- Rubbermaid Latching Revelations 15 Qt (16.7” x 13.3” x 5.3”)
NO totes over 7” tall and/or 18” long as totes need to fit on the chair rungs ; so slightly wider or longer is better than taller.
PLEASE! NO TRAPPER KEEPERS or LARGE 3-RING BINDERS! Everything needs to fit INSIDE the tote and these do not.
Athletic Shoes for P.E.
Wish List Items
TAPE : Scotch, Duct tape, masking tape, 3M 2-sided foam
Ziploc Bags (sandwich & quart)
Dry Erase Markers
Black Sharpies with Ultra Fine tip
Cardstock--white or other assorted colors
Sewing needles with large eyes